Ulkoilu Naurussa: Patikointi, Snorklaus, ja enemmän!
Nauru, a small island nation in the Pacific Ocean, may be small in size, but it is big in outdoor adventure opportunities. From hiking to snorkeling, the island has plenty of outdoor activities to keep visitors busy. In this article, we will explore some of the best outdoor activities to do in Nauru.
- Hiking in Nauru
Nauru may be small, but it is home to some incredible hiking trails. These trails take you through lush rainforests, past rugged coastlines, and up to scenic overlooks that offer breathtaking views of the island. Some of the best hiking trails in Nauru include:
- Buada Lagoon Trail: This trail takes you through the Buada Lagoon Conservation Area, where you can see a variety of birds and other wildlife.
- Anabar Plateau Trail: This trail takes you up to the top of the Anabar Plateau, where you can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Command Ridge Trail: This trail takes you up to the top of Command Ridge, where you can see the remains of Japanese World War II bunkers and enjoy panoramic views of the island.
- Snorkeling in Nauru
Nauru is home to some of the best snorkeling spots in the Pacific Ocean. The island’s crystal-clear waters are home to a diverse range of marine life, including colorful fish, sea turtles, and coral reefs. Some of the best snorkeling spots in Nauru include:
- Anibare Bay: Anibare Bay is a beautiful sandy beach that offers great snorkeling opportunities. The water is shallow and clear, making it easy to spot a variety of fish and coral.
- Moqua Well: Moqua Well is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, with a variety of fish and coral to see.
- Aiwo Boat Harbor: The boat harbor in Aiwo is a great spot for snorkeling, with clear water and plenty of marine life to see.
- Fishing in Nauru
Fishing is a popular pastime in Nauru, and the island is home to a variety of fish species. Visitors can try their hand at fishing on their own, or they can book a fishing excursion with a local guide. Some of the best fishing spots in Nauru include:
- Anibare Bay: Anibare Bay is a great spot for fishing, with a variety of fish species to catch, including barracuda, trevally, and tuna.
- The Reef: The reef off the coast of Nauru is a great spot for fishing, with plenty of coral and fish species to see.
- The Drop-off: The drop-off is a popular spot for deep-sea fishing, with a variety of large fish species to catch.
- Beach Activities in Nauru
Nauru is home to some beautiful beaches, and visitors can enjoy a variety of beach activities while on the island. Some popular beach activities include:
- Sunbathing: With its year-round warm weather and beautiful beaches, Nauru is the perfect place to soak up the sun.
- Swimming: Nauru’s clear waters are great for swimming, and there are plenty of beaches with calm waters that are perfect for families.
- Beach volleyball: Many of Nauru’s beaches have volleyball nets set up, making it easy to join in a game with locals and other visitors.
Nauru may be small, but it offers plenty of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy. From hiking to snorkeling and fishing, there is something for everyone on this beautiful island in the Pacific Ocean.